We fight the good fight of faith by obeying the word of God, and believing. The key is to be relentless. You can’t stop using God’s weapons until you win.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17 Faith and word go together like hand and glove. Life and faith is a fight, and you will have to defeat the enemy to obtain your promises.
So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. Job 2:7 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. Luke 13:11
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 3:12
4. (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2Corinthinians 4:5
Here are 6 offensive weapons from Dr. Jay Snell’s book How to be Healed using Spiritual Warfare. They can be used for any situation.
1. Confession of Scripture
5. Name of Jesus
6. Confession of scripture combined with the Name of Jesus
Two of my favorite weapons in battle are fasting and honoring the Sabbath day. I concentrate on getting close to God when I fast. There’s no better feeling than the presence of God! Money can’t buy happiness. The pleasures of sin are temporary, and they separate you from God.
The odds were against me in the Gulf War, but I have the advantage in the spirit realm! I use the armor of God, and the sword of the Spirit on the battlefield of life, and it guarantees victory.
28. And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29. And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. Mark 9:28:29
13. If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14. Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Isaiah 58:13-14
Jacob wrestled God all night, and refused to let Him go until He blessed him. It doesn’t matter what you’re facing, use these weapons relentlessly and you’ll win. Obeying these scriptures will trigger the Abrahamic Covenant, and pound the enemy back to hell.
But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom. Psalms 35:13